Friday 23 December 2016




Creating the beard I found the hardest part of the whole project as it was different to clothing, metal, wood, skin. You are creating something that flows that moves more water and I had to imagine us following the strands of hairs in creating it. My first attempt I duplicated the head and got rid of the upper half in doing this I created the lower part of the face and expanded creating an exact replica of the enlarged lower face could be perceived as a beard. I then extruded from this and followed the pattern of the beard I draw however when it came to smoothing this looking like a beard it looked more like tentacles, like in Pirates of the Caribbean captain David Jones. This was not a lot I was going for and I thought I could keep it and change it when it came to texturing but I felt still did not look right a lot more stretched skin rather than a beard so I started again. My second attempt I started from a cube the same size as the face and extruded out of it following the pattern of the beard I draw I would this also did not look correct looked more like an elephant than a beard and I started to get frustrated after doing so well with the face as a peak I was now in a trough. So I got away from the computer got outside and let myself think about how I would tackle the situation and I had a look online to see how other people have tried creating beards and their was no tutorials however I did see a tutorial on how to create hair which I then used to my advantage. This was a longer process than I expected but in the end I really like the piece of beard I created even without having any text on it or colouring it still looks a little prominent beard rather than an elephant or skin or David Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment