Wednesday 21 December 2016



The hands, now this was an area I was a bit worried about is the character in my design has very large hands and large arms compared to the rest of his body. This could even go one of two ways either the character would look ridiculous in 3-D or woodworking the end fortunate enough for me I feel that it worked. I looked at reference imaging characters with large hands such as the Hulk and Popeye and focus more on Popeye as his hands out of proportion to his body. That's where most of the inspiration came from the hands on my character. I started off by following the Lynda.com tutorial on how to create and however I didn't feel this was working for me to try finding a different way and found one. After creating the thumb fingers and palm then moved onto the on how to connect it to the sleeve but when I started connecting to the sleeve with the enormous size forearm the character starts to look ridiculous so made a choice to make the forearm slimmer and make the upper arm much slimmer than my original designs. However instead of creating the zone to be lacking I think is given more design and final concept. I am really pleased her hands came out as a has so many worries that it would look wrong, I believe and feel the fingers especially the thumb and forefinger come out really well the little finger is less strong but I made the decision to have only three fingers and a thumb. I then moved on to creating the grooves in the skin such as in realistic arm you would see definition of whether bone meets the skin folds I took these into my design and into maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment