Monday 5 December 2016





I Started to create the arrows of the shield, the first arrow I extruded feathers out of the side however whence came down to smoothing feathers the geometry broke creating a whole in the arrow. My second attempt was to create three panels of a cylinder so that I could duplicate it twice to create a full circle this time I extruded the feather by creating a side panel and extrueding from that. This this is a lot smoother and the first time unfortunately when it came down to final product it still didn't look correct. Third time I attempted to probe the arrow after doing other work in my felt more confident in the software this made a huge difference when creating the final arrow. The basic shape of the arrow was complete however it looked slightly empty and was missing a piece after looking at reference material of other arrows I realised that it was Missing the thread that holds the feathers to the stem of the arrow, this was a new challenge to create a circular motion going down the stem of the arrow. I was shown that you could create a helix in my which worked perfectly creating realistic look and a simplistic arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment